School Traffic Safety Please's & Thank You's
- PLEASE Drive around block (“loop”) when Kiss N’ Catch lanes or parking lots are full.
- PLEASE Use correct Kiss N’ Catch lane: WESTBOUND TRAFFIC–Kiss N’ Catch Lane # 1 EASTBOUND TRAFFIC–Kiss N’ Catch Lane # 2
- PLEASE Watch out for walkers and bikers using crosswalk on Morton Rd in front of bus loading zone and at Walker Road intersection.
- PLEASE Use crosswalks to and from parking lots.
- PLEASE Put your blinker on to indicate which way you will turn when exiting school property onto Marathon Rd.
- PLEASE use “Zipper” method when merging (i.e., take turns.)
- THANK YOU for not parking or idling behind the buses in the bus zone.
- THANK YOU not crossing traffic to enter a parking lot or Kiss N’ Catch Lane.
- THANK YOU for not using parking spaces next to Kiss N’ Catch # 1. These spaces are reserved for staff.
- THANK YOU for staying in your vehicle when you are in Kiss N’ Catch Lane.
- THANK YOU for not becoming distracted by a cell phone when students are present.
School Traffic Safety Reminders
- WHEN the Kiss N’ Catch lanes or the parking lots are Full you must drive around the neighborhood (“loop”) until there is space in the lane or lot. “Looping” is how we keep Morton Road clear. Keeping Morton Road clear is essential to keep walkers safe and to ensure emergency vehicles can have access to the roads if ever needed.
- Cars cannot park, stand or idle on Morton, Marathon and Walker Roads. The Boulder County Sheriff WILL ticket for violations.
- HELPFUL TIP: Arrive Before 3:20pm or After 3:40pm. On a typical day, the Kiss N’ Catch lanes are full by 3:20pm (or so); by 3:40pm the lanes are moving continuously; and by 3:45pm the pickup process is complete. On rainy or snowy days, however, expect a few additional minutes to the process.